Here is a Christmas treat, easy for children to make (with supervision) and a lovely present for them to give (if you can wrest it out of their hands). Best to make two lots I think. Don’t deviate from the recipe-it has to be Rich Tea biscuits and mini marshmallows, good butter and good chocolate…simple and delicious for everybody.
CHRISTMAS ROCKY ROAD
Make ahead and allow time for it to cold
125g soft unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
200g milk chocolate
2 tbsp. golden syrup
200g Rich Tea biscuits
100g mini marshmallows (these are best but you can chop up the larger ones.
Icing sugar for snow
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pan.
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces, resist eating too many pieces!
- Add the chocolate and the syrup to the pan and gently heat until the chocolate has melted. Try not to stir it too much. Reserve 2 tbsp. of the syrupy mix.
- Leave it to cool a bit before adding the mini marshmallows or they will melt.
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag-using a rolling pin makes this easier. Aim to get small and big pieces. Add to the mixture.
- Turn out in to a small baking pan and smooth out as best you can. Spread over the remaining sauce.
- Leave to cool until set (about 2 hours). Take out the set block and cut up with a heavy sharp knife.
- Sieve some icing sugar over the top to look like snow and sprinkle with glitter.